Play the Hand That’s Dealt to You
The wise old adage, “play the hand that’s dealt to you” seems particularly apt in today’s world of COVID-19. Using this as a metaphor during these radically uncertain times quickly raises a series of questions. What ‘hand’ do I have, what does it mean, and, maybe more importantly, how do I know? As we all have learned by now, these are not easy questions, but they are also not impossible to answer.
Let’s start with a few macro questions:
- Will the pandemic end and will we all go back to normal?
- Will the pandemic morph into a disease that becomes more prevalent regionally and we occasionally live with rolling lockdowns?
- How long will it take for all of this to play out?
Maybe more meaningful, let’s delve a bit deeper on a personal level?
- How well am I managing the changes caused by the pandemic, or are they managing me?
- Do I have the personal flexibility to change my behavior?
- Do I know what and how to be resilient?
To help you gain an in-depth understanding of how these unprecedented times are affecting you personally, 6th Level Consulting Group offers a Situational Change Assessment. This assessment is rooted in first principles and looks through the lenses of research-based change concepts, tools, and techniques. Check out our briefing for additional context and content. If interested, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (505.570.4612) to discuss how this unique assessment can help you understand, plan for, and thrive in the turbulent times ahead.